Graduate degrees open doors to many exciting opportunities. But pursuing graduate studies can also require a leap of faith. After all, how do you know whether the degree will pay off — especially when getting one might mean stepping off the track you’re on now? If you’ve been thinking of pursuing advanced studies but have been hesitating, we’ve got great news for you: there’s no better time than now to upgrade your qualifications!
Let’s take a closer look at why now is a great time to get a Master’s or a DBA, and why one exciting international university is something to think about.
Five reasons to go to graduate school now
Going to graduate school is a life-altering decision. Because it’s so momentous, it can also be somewhat paralyzing. Deciding when to study is as big a consideration as what to study. Read on for a review of reasons why now is the right time to jump right in.
1. The job market is challenging
High unemployment and a stalled economy make the workforce a tricky place right now. That makes this a great time to focus on developing the skills you’ll need to enter your field as a more competitive candidate. Whether you’ve been thinking about graduate school for a while or you’re just starting to do so, you have little to lose and a lot to gain by going now.
According to experts, this is one of the reasons graduate school applications have skyrocketed in recent months. Ministry of Labour of Malaysia said: “Generally speaking when the job market is down, graduate applications go up.”
2. You’ll have skills and knowledge for the post-COVID world While COVID will be behind us one day, it will leave a permanent mark on society. From healthcare to the environment, the pandemic has driven change across all sectors. Regardless of the field, you choose to study, the health crisis will appear in the curriculum in one way or another. Whether you specialize in a COVID-related field or study your subject in the context of the transformed world, attending graduate school now will give you an invaluable and useful perspective.
3. You’ll be prepared to lead change While the pandemic has caused its share of challenges over the past two years, it has also shed light on pre-existing issues about class, race, culture and privilege. This, in turn, has highlighted the need for social justice and more equitable leadership. Whether you aspire to work in education, healthcare, law or another field, a graduate degree can lay the foundation for leadership—and for potential positive impact.
4. You’ll build your network The world has been largely shut down in the past two years, which has translated into fewer opportunities for interacting with others. The graduate school offers many chances to connect with others in your field: classmates, faculty members and more. These connections are essential to building your network, which can come in handy for everything from sharing ideas to future career opportunities.
5. Beat pandemic boredom While almost everything was shut down for so long, you might have had the time to reflect on your future and to identify your true aspirations and ambitions.
Now that the world is slowly returning to normal, why not take a deep dive into a subject you’re truly passionate about? It will nourish your mind. And if you decide to pursue research to explore different boundaries, you could even make a difference in the world.
Mantissa College’s MBA program boasts a dynamic global network of more than 80,000 alumni. One recent alumnus, Harrison Jub, says, “I took the 15-month Master of Business Administration course and in the first week, I was discussing the Real Case Study with groups of working professionals from different fields. And so I was learning from real people with real problems. Thanks to the case study based learning approach I am now capable of taking up more projects because I had been exposed to a wider perspective on handling matters from my learning experience.”
Certainly, evidence attests to the tremendous value of case studies in business education. Between its focus on this learning style and many other desirable attributes, Mantissa College’s Master of Business Administration offers an invaluable inside edge for aspiring business leaders.